North Canyon Helicopter and Hummer Combo Tour Details
2 Hour Hummer Tour + 25-30 Minute Flight
When you combine an exhilarating Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with a Buck Wild Hummer Grand Canyon Ground Tour, you will experience the absolute BEST views of this amazing National Park.
This 25-30 minute Helicopter Tour will provide aerial views of the North and South Rims, and the Kaibab National Forest, and the 2 Hour Hummer Tour will let you experience several viewpoints on the South Rim on the ground.
SEE IT FROM THE AIR: Board your helicopter at the Grand Canyon National Park Airport in Tusayan, AZ and begin your amazing journey. Your Helicopter Flight includes Multilingual Headset Narration as you soar over both the North and South Rims, over the Kaibab National Forest, across the deepest and widest part of the South Rim. Gaze down nearly one mile below at the mighty Colorado River that runs through the Grand Canyon. Incredible views of the Tower of Ra and Vishnu Schist, before flying back to the terminal through Dragon Corridor, one of the most photographed aerial regions in the Canyon.
SEE IT FROM THE GROUND: Drive less than a mile through the quaint town of Tusayan and arrive at the Buck Wild Terminal in just a few minutes. Climb aboard the Buck Wild vehicle, a former military Humvee customized to provide you with the most comfortable way to explore the viewpoints. Our vehicles have comfortable, front facing, stadium style seats that provide excellent views from all seats. During the warm Spring and Summer months, enjoy an open air ride; during the cooler Fall and Winter months, rest assured you will be warm and toasty inside the heated vehicle with transparent sides and tours, and bundle up in the provided blankets for even more warmth. Your professional guide will take you to 3-4 of the best viewpoints in the South Rim, with plenty of time to explore the rim and capture unforgettable photos.
- 2 Hour Hummer Tour
- The Hummer Tour will stop at 3-4 Viewpoints on the East Side of the Grand Canyon National Park South Rim
- Each stop provides ample time for exploring, photo opportunities, and learning about the location.
- Learn about the American Southwest and ancient inhabitants
- Discover facts about nature and how the Grand Canyon came to be
- Look for elk and other wild animals along the way – you’ll usually see them if you watch closely!
- Take amazing photos of this world-renowned natural wonder.
- Enjoy yourself – let someone else do the driving while you get the inside scoop on the best places to view the canyon and learn interesting facts along the way!
- 25-30 Minute Helicopter Tour over the Grand Canyon South Rim
- Multi-lingual narration on Helicopter Tour
- Aerial Views of North Rim, South Rim, and Dragon Corridor (the deepest area of the canyon)
What to Bring & Wear
- Your Government issued Photo ID
- Your cameras and/or phones for amazing photos
- Selfie Sticks allowed on Hummers but are not allowed in or around the Helicopter
- Layered clothing is recommended – April to September
- Winter Clothing is recommended October to March
- Footwear recommended – Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended. Footwear that is flat and sturdy.
You are booking a Combination Tour that includes a 2 Hour Grand Canyon Hummer Tour and a 20-25 minute Helicopter Tour over the Grand Canyon.
This Tour takes place at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon National Park in Northern Arizona.
For more information about the Grand Canyon Area, please visit our Grand Canyon Information Page
Both the Helicopter and Buck Wild Terminals are located in the town of Tusayan, the small town less than 2 miles from the South Entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park South Rim.
View Driving Distances from many Southwest US Cities to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon National Park
Go Buck Wild with this scenic Hummer adventure that includes several stops along some of the most popular lookout areas Grand Canyon National Park has to offer.
Every tour is led by a professional guide who will provide you with the history of the American Southwest, the forces of nature that shaped the canyon, and the ancient people who inhabited the land. Discover the dramatic rock formations and gorges that took millions of years to create.
The Grand Canyon stretches up to 12 miles across to the next rim with a depth of a full vertical mile. Some of the most famous and widely recognized images of the Grand Canyon are taken within this very park.
Get your camera ready to capture amazing scenic images of this mystical canyon. This Grand Canyon package is perfect for families and adventure-seekers alike!
This exhilarating helicopter tour is the perfect addition to any Grand Canyon getaway! Set off from the air terminal in Tusayan and soar over the Kaibab National Forest, across the deepest and widest part of the South Rim.
From the sky, you’ll see where the geography is at its most diverse – and nearly a mile deep. Enjoy breathtaking views as you fly over the mighty Colorado River towards the canyon’s North Rim.
You’ll also see rock formations like the Tower of Ra and Vishnu Schist as you fly back through the Dragon Corridor before touching back down at the helipad.
Select tours may be changed or canceled without penalty up to 24 hours prior to departure, subject to availability. Cancellations made within 24 hours of departure are non-refundable. No-shows will be charged in full with no refund.
- Hummer tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Buck Wild Hummer Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour canceled by Buck Wild Hummer Tours will receive a 100% refund.
- Helicopter tours may be canceled due to weather conditions. If that’s the case, you will be notified and refunded for the helicopter portion of the tour.
- If your Hummer tour is still operating, you will still be expected to attend unless you cancel 24 hours prior to your scheduled Hummer Tour.
When booking your combo tour, please make sure to choose times that work for your schedule. You will choose the Hummer Tour Time first, and then you will see and choose available Helicopter Tour Times that work with your Hummer Tour Time.
Occasionally we may need to change the time of your Helicopter or Hummer Tour, depending on availability.
These are two separate adventures that start at 2 different locations, within 1 mile of each other, and you may have some free time between the tours, which you can use for shopping, dining, etc..
The helicopter flight lasts approximately 25 to 30 minutes. The Hummer tour lasts approximately two hours.
On the helicopter tour:
- The North and South Rims
- Kaibab National Forest
- The Colorado River
- Tower of Ra
- Vishnu Schist
- Dragon Corridor
On the Hummer tour:
Explore three to four of the best viewpoints along the South Rim. Possible viewpoints include:
- Yavapai Point & Geology Museum
- Pipe Creek Vista
- Duck on a Rock
- Grandview Point
- Moran Point
- Check-in for your Hummer tour is 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time, unless notified otherwise, at the Buck Wild Office located at 469 South State Highway 64 Suite A, Tusayan, AZ 86023.
- Tusayan is the small town located just before you get to the Fee Station at Grand Canyon National Park South Rim. Buck Wild Hummer Tours’ office is located just north of the Texaco Gas Station, in the Shopping Plaza that also houses the Visitor’s Center. Click here for directions to the Buck Wild Terminal
- Check-in for your helicopter tour is 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time at the Papillon Helicopter Terminal located at 3568 Airport Rd, Tusayan, AZ 86023. Papillon Helicopter Terminal is located at the Grand Canyon National Park Airport, just south of the town of Tusayan. Click here for directions to the Papillon Helicopter Terminal. The Buck Wild Terminal and the Papillon Helicopter Terminal are just a 5-minute drive apart!
Terms and Conditions
- Valid on new reservations only
- Must book directly with Buck Wild Hummer Tours
- Reservation must be booked before 3/31/2021
- Tour Date must be on or before 5/31/2021
- Reservation may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to tour date for full refund
- Reservation cancelled less than 24 hours prior to tour date, or no shows on day of tour, are non refundable.
- Transportation is available at no cost for Hummer Tour from lodging locations in Tusyan and inside the park.
- Transportation may be available for Helicopter Tour from lodging locations in Tusayan and inside the park for an additional charge.
Buck Wild Grand Canyon Terminal, 469 State Route 64, Suite A
Grand Canyon, AZ, 86023